CORY AND PRISCILLA REDDING FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN – COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
The Redding Family wanted to establish this endowment to help provide educational opportunities to undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need. Growing up with humble beginnings, Cory has lived his life based upon three basic values: Desire, Discipline and Dedication. Cory believes that these values lay the foundation for future success and as such, it is his desire that recipients of this endowment possess the same spirit.
Criteria for recipients of the Cory and Priscilla Redding Family Scholarship
- Must be an incoming college freshman with demonstrated financial need;
- First preference is for graduates of North Shore High School or another Galena Park ISD high school; if no such applicants are accepted to the University that year, awards may be made to other incoming freshmen with financial need;
- Recipients will also preferably demonstrate desire, discipline and dedication in their everyday lives
- It is the Redding family’s desire that recipients of this scholarship be strongly encouraged to pay it forward to future Cory and Priscilla Redding Family Scholarship recipients through mentorship and internship opportunities. This is a very important pledge for the Redding family as they believe networking amongst their scholarship recipients is a key component to future success and one that can multiply their desire to assist those in financial need exponentially.
- Recipients will also be strongly encouraged, unless unable due to extenuating circumstances, to attend a yearly event with the Redding family or representatives to network and share their successes with the Redding family and current and past scholarship recipients.
- Lastly, recipients will be strongly encouraged to volunteer during the year with Cory Redding Foundation initiatives or events that take place in Austin and optionally in Houston.
Every donor to the fund will receive a tax receipt from the University within 72 business hours.
Check back soon for more information about the 2013 Scholarship Application
Students will apply this Fall by December 1 for the general UT scholarships, and then in January/February, the College of Education scholarship will be available online. Students should complete both applications to cover all their bases. Students won't need to fill out a separate application specifically for the Redding Family scholarship because the CoE application will allow us to consider students for all applicable opportunities.
All freshman will find out in March if they are admitted to UT and will have until May 1 to pay an enrollment deposit confirming their spot in the Fall.